About Chandler Clogged Drains and Preventing Them
Plumbing is something we use every day and which most of us know little about. But if you have ever gone camping for a weekend, you know it doesn’t take long to miss running water, flushing toilets, clean clothes, and hot showers.
These modern conveniences are the benefits of plumbing systems. Your house has several separate plumbing systems.
- Related Fixtures
Types of pipes for different plumbing usage may vary, from:
- Cast Iron
Most people are familiar with plumbers, who come to their home to unclog a drain or install an appliance.
An entirely different approach to saving money on plumbing is to reduce the need to call them at all.
The most common plumbing calls have to do with drains. Many homes have one or two problem drains and several that never need any attention at all.
- If your plumbing fixtures drain slowly, the problem may be a clogged vent. This happens when vents are improperly located and when birds or animals deposit debris in the vent where it exits the roof.
- Another issue could be the build up of grease. There are several things you can do to counteract this.
- You will need to experiment with available products and you may find you can stay one step ahead of a Chandler clogged drain indefinitely.
- Some people have found success with just pouring boiling sudsy water down the drain periodically.
- Hair is another common factor in many plumbing problems. In most cases, hair can be trapped in some sort of screen or drain cover.
- Talk to your plumber next time he’s there and ask about suggested ways to prevent the hair from getting in the drain. It’s much easier to gather hair off the screen periodically than it is to deal with a clogged pipe.
- Another costly, but preventable, problem is frozen pipes. Make sure that all your pipes are in heated spaces. If any are not, make sure they are well insulated.
- Each fall, when the weather turns colder, disconnect and drain your garden hoses, turn-off the indoor cut-off valve located near the faucet, and open the outdoor faucet. If there is no cut-off valve, consider installing one. Any water left in pipes exposed to below-zero temperatures will freeze.*
If you do end up with a clogged drain in Chandler, feel free to call our Chandler plumbers at any time. We have 24/7 emergency service. Please browse our website for more information about JI Plumbing, LLC.